PNC Bank is one of the largest banks in the United States, serving more than 9 million customers in all 50 states. As a full-service mortgage lender, PNC offers most types of mortgage products.
- PNC Bank offers several ranges of mortgage products.
- Low down payment mortgages are available.
- Its website offers an online cost of ownership tool.
- PNC Bank has a large number of consumer complaints.
- PNC Bank does not have physical branches in all 50 states.
PNC Bank offers most types of mortgage products, including conventional and government guaranteed loans. PNC Bank offers:
- Conventional mortgages.
- Adjustable Rate Mortgages
- First-time buyer loans.
- Loans from the United States Department of Agriculture.
- Loans from the Department of Veterans Affairs.
- Loans from the Federal Housing Administration.
- Giant loans.
- Mortgage refinancing.
- Home equity loans.
PNC Bank offers both pre-approval and a full digital application on its website, including electronic submission of documentation. If you need help getting started, submit an online contact form, use the website to find a local mortgage agent, or call 877-508-3339 for assistance.
PNC Bank offers loan terms of 10, 15, 20 and 30 years, and down payments as low as 3% of the purchase price.
Borrowers may be eligible for a PNC grant of $5,000 to spend on closing costs, but must meet certain conditions, such as income requirements and residency in an eligible area.
PNC Bank requires a minimum credit score of 620 to qualify for a mortgage, but does not disclose its maximum debt-to-income ratio requirements.
PNC Bank offers a wide range of mortgage products that start with a minimum credit score of 620.
PNC Bank operates in all 50 states.
Is your dream home within reach? US News’ Mortgage Calculator will show you how much home you can afford.
PNC Bank has an A+ Better Business Bureau rating.
In 2021, the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau received 357 complaints related to mortgages for PNC Bank. The most common issues were related to:
- Problem during payment process.
- Struggling to pay the mortgage.
- Apply for a mortgage or refinance an existing mortgage.
PNC Bank provided a prompt response to all complaints, with 304 closed with explanation, eight closed with monetary relief and 45 still open as of January 2022.
In US News’ mortgage lender ratings, PNC Bank received 4.4. out of 5 stars overall, 4.3 for affordability, 4.5 for eligibility, and 4.4 for customer service. The median overall rating for mortgage lenders by US News is 4.2.
For assistance with PNC Bank mortgage products, contact customer service by calling 800-822-5626 from 8 a.m. to 9 p.m. EST, Monday through Thursday and 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. ET on Friday. Customers can also tweet PNC Bank’s customer support team on Twitter at @PNCBank_Help for service issues.
PNC Bank offers online pre-approval, tracking and scheduling. Applicants can check rates online, make inquiries and upload documents during the mortgage process. With Home Insight Planner, any homebuyer can research homes on the market and estimate the total cost of their property, including taxes, estimated insurance, and applicable association fees. Mortgage payments can be made through PNC Bank’s online banking platform, and methods such as Apple Pay, Zelle, and Google Pay are accepted.
- Individuals who wish to consider a wide variety of mortgage products.
- Individuals who wish to work with a large, well-established bank.
- People who want help estimating the cost of home ownership.